IHCC is hiring full and part time staff for our Habilitative Intervention (HI) program in Idaho Falls. HI staff provide direct therapy to children with developmental disabilities, teach life skills, modify problem behaviors in home, community, and school settings, and educate families.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Strong self-motivation
- Good analytical skills
- Effective and empathetic communication skills
- High ethical standards
- The drive and ability to learn appropriate therapeutic interventions
- Willingness to complete any necessary components to become HI certified
There are three requirements in order to become HI certified with the State of Idaho.
Applicants must already have these or be close to completing the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service field
- One year (at least 1,040 hrs) experience working directly with children with developmental disabilities. The experience must be gained from paid employment or a university practicum/internship. Candidates may have worked as paraprofessionals or special ed teachers in schools; in developmental therapy, habilitative support, or respite; as PSR/CBRS providers who addressed the needs of dually diagnosed children with MH and DD diagnoses; or otherwise gained similar experience. If you feel you are close to getting this experience but have not yet reached one year, you may apply and IHCC can examine options to complete the year.
- Three specific courses also need to be completed: Child Development, Learning Theories/Psychology of Learning, and Applied Behavioral Analysis. There are self-paced, online classes available (cheaper than university courses) for candidates who need to complete this requirement. A dedicated person could complete a course in as little as 1 – 2 weeks.
Candidates must be HI certified before they are able to provide HI therapy, but IHCC can help give support and education while completing the requirements. IHCC offers a great team environment, paid training, monthly mileage reimbursement, the possibility of working in schools, and very competitive wages!